CANCELLED: Connecting Through the College Essay
CANCELLED: Connecting Through the College Essay In-Person
A 2-hour introduction and writing workshop focused on developing the personal statement and supplemental essays. My Editor in Chief helps you understand the personal and supplemental essays in a way that inspires and equips you to produce meaningful essays.
- Understanding the personal statement and supplemental essays
- Choosing the right prompt for you
- Engaging in prewriting exercises
- Answering the prompt with intentional language
- Finding a focus and or theme connected to the application
- Tackling the title and first sentence
- Analyzing sample essays, peer insight
- Utilizing tips and strategies provided by admissions officers, counselors, teachers
- Writing time (Individual mentoring: write. revise. edit)
Please bring your high school credentials, a laptop for online work, and any list of activities, resume, or college essay drafts you have started. $100 per person.
This course is designed for students to work independently. Parents who wish to attend must purchase a separate ticket.
Payment is due before the workshop and must be made through PayPal: https://paypal.me/
The Library adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act that assures equal access to all library facilities, activities, and programs. For reasonable and timely accommodations, refer to the https://www.brentwoodtn.gov/departments/library/library-programs and contact the program organizer. Any ADA accommodations necessary for a program attendee will require at least one week of prior notice before the program or event.
Related LibGuide: Teen Resources by Claire Stanton
- Thursday, September 22, 2022
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Fall Conference Room
- Teen Program
- Event Cost: