CANCELLED: Rockin' the Student Resume and Recs
CANCELLED: Rockin' the Student Resume and Recs In-Person
A 2-hour workshop on developing a student resume and preparing to obtain the most meaningful letters of recommendation from your recommenders. My Editor in Chief consults with high school counselors to determine your best approach. Know what your advocates need from you to help them accurately & honestly write about you, your past performance, and future success. It’s a team effort!
- Know the process you need to follow for developing a resume
- Understand what sections to include on your resume
- Choose the right format for your selections
- Write an effective objective statement and mission statement
- Know how to highlight hard and soft skills
- Learn to be Common App Ready
- Determine what materials advocates need
- Devise a communication plan for engaging your advocates (emails, packets, follow-up strategy)
Please bring your high school credentials, a laptop for online work, and any list of activities or resume drafts you have started. $100 per person.
This course is designed for students to work independently. Parents who wish to attend must purchase a separate ticket.
Payment is due before the workshop and must be made through PayPal: https://paypal.me/
The Library adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act that assures equal access to all library facilities, activities, and programs. For reasonable and timely accommodations, refer to the https://www.brentwoodtn.gov/departments/library/library-programs and contact the program organizer. Any ADA accommodations necessary for a program attendee will require at least one week of prior notice before the program or event.
Related LibGuide: Teen Resources by Claire Stanton
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Fall Conference Room
- Teen Program
- Event Cost: